Keto Barbacoa Meat in Instant PotPrint Pin
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Servings: 3 people
- 1/2 medium Onion
- 1.5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 cup lime juice
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3-4 chipotle peppers *to preference, we used canned
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tbsp Cilantro
- 1 tbsp salsa
- 1 1/2 pounds Chuck or Round bottom roast
- 1 tablespoon Avocado Oil
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/3 cup Cheddar Cheese
- Cilantro & Salsa *to garnish
- Organic Coconut Wraps *see notes
- Add the onion, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, chipotle peppers, beef broth, cumin, oregano, cilantro, and salsa to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Cut the chuck or round bottom roast into 3-4 large pieces. Season the meat with a good pinch of salt, onion, and garlic powder on all sides. Heat the Avocado oil in the instant pot and sear the meat for 7-8 minutes.
- Pour the blended sauce over the beef and place the lid on the Instant Pot. Press the manual button and let cook for 60-70 minutes depending on the thickness of the meat (mine took exactly 65 minutes). Press the off button and allow the pressure to release naturally and vent completely before attempting to remove the lid.
- Use two forks to shred the beef. Toss the beef in the juice, cover and allow the beef to soak up the juice for another 10 minutes or so. Serve as tacos, burritos, nachos, burrito bowls or however you like!
*We used the brand NuCo and had mixed feelings about using it with Mexican Food. The coconut meat made to use the wraps was a little sweet and would be very tasty as a BLT wrap etc. Sometimes sweet can be good though! I think the cheese threw off the flavor for us. If you opt for no cheese on your burrito, it could be really tasty!